The Goldberg Law Firm Co., LPA

The Goldberg Law Firm Co., LPA

call today
Legal Help Nationwide440.519.9900 Email:
call today

Cleveland Train Accident Attorneys

Trains were crucial in building America from “Sea To Shining Sea,” and new towns sprang up along rail lines as they were laid. Despite the advent of cars, trucks and jets, trains remain the most economical way of transporting passengers and cargo. One might think that since trains were the first means of mass transportation in this Country, they would have the longest “track record” of safety. Unfortunately, trains today have an appalling poor safety record.

According to the U.S. Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS), there are nearly 3,000 train accidents annually, and a train in America derails or crashes every 90 minutes. Nearly 1,500 people are killed or injured in train accidents annually. Mile for mile, train passengers are 30 times more likely to be killed than automobile drivers and passengers. Sadly, children under the age of 16 account for 35% of train accident victims. Train tragedies occur for a number of reasons:

  • Train operator inattention, fatigue, and/or lack of training;
  • Improper instructions from train control station;
  • Excessive train speed through railroad crossings;
  • Worn, defective and/or poorly maintained track causing derailment;
  • Passenger car getting stuck on bad railway tracks at train crossing;
  • Obstructed view of railway crossings owing to trees, houses, and/or curves in the road;
  • Approximately 80% of public railroad crossing have no lights or safety gates; and
  • Over 60% of all railroad crossing deaths occur at unprotected crossings.

Only about 10% of railway crossing fatalities occur owing to a car driver trying to “beat the train” or going through a flashing safety gate. The other 90% are victims who could not avoid being hit by the train.

There are State statutes, train company policies and procedures, and common sense precautions that could improve railway safety. However, a rail company may decide it is less expensive to pay for tragic accidents than upgrade their tracks, crossings, and employee training. When this happens, the true cost of skimping on safety is borne by the victims and their families. Train companies should be made to pay for their negligence causing injury and/or death. In fact, they expect to pay for this – and insure themselves to help pay for their ongoing liability.

At Goldberg Law offices, we have over 23 years of experience helping victims of train accidents and their families. We know how to bring claims for property damages, injuries or even death– knowing that while money alone cannot replace those so tragically taken, it can help ease future burdens of those who remain. We have a full-time physician on staff to review the nature of the injuries and technical consultants to help prepare your case for trial or settlement. We are not afraid to go up against any railway company for payment due– no matter how large, wealthy or powerful they appear to be.

We offer no-charge consultation and will be happy to discuss a potential claim involving injury of death from a train accident. Victims of railroad company negligence and their families deserve compensation– and the best legal team to fight for them. However, any potential claim must be filed within the applicable Statutes of Limitation– which are very short. We can answer your questions about your claim and concerns about the time-frame in which to bring it. Don’t let the compensation you and your family may be entitled to lapse for failure to file your claim in a timely fashion. Please call to discuss your potential claim of train company negligence at no cost to you.